Social media is more than just a buzzword. There are opportunities and measurable results that it offers that can be extremely beneficial to companies of all sizes. While Facebook and Twitter may be included it’s more than that.
Many times people get so caught up in tools that little time is collaborating and strategizing about what Social Media can actually do for them and their business, successfully. Tools are great if you know how to use them, but at some point the tools need to have a purpose.
I often hear small to mid-size companies ask to help implement Social Media strategies into their overall marketing plan with a skewed outlook of what Social Media is and what its benefits are. However, if you know what Social Media isn’t, then it’s a lot easier to grasp what it can do.
If you have a good product, a detailed business plan, and customer service policies in place and willing to invest time, there are ten ways Social Media can benefit your business.
- Gives you the opportunity to begin listening to what others are saying about your company online.
- Allow you to have one-on-one communication with your consumers.
- It can be used to gather feedback about new products.
- It personalizes your corporation/brand
- Provides channels to produce and distribute exclusive content that can be shared which in return extends the voice of your brand.
- Can be used to share exclusive information and offers to your loyalists.
- It’s an extension to your public relations strategies
- Provides platforms to build communities for your brand enthusiasts around your product and company.
- Offers opportunities that will bring exposure to your company.
- Provides potential opportunities for word-of-mouth buzz about your company and products.
While the above are not the only benefits, it is a good place to begin thinking about the benefits that Social Media provides. Once you know what it can do, building a strategy and developing a plan is your next course of action.
I want to hear from you. How has Social Media helped you or your business grow? What would you add to the list?.
Leave a Reply